Monday, February 16, 2009

Welcome Back! Welcome Back! Welcome Back!

Two Christmases. Two Thanksgivings. Two Mother's Days. Two Father's Days. Many things can happen in two years. For example, your six-month-old baby turns into a two-and-a-half-year-old boy and the twinkle in your eye turns into a a seven-month-old baby.

I suppose a lot of the Lord's work can be done in two years as well. Especially if you are as industrious as Quinn's folks.

Grandma, meet baby Lola:


Grandpa Forrest, get reacquainted with Little Forrest:



Since we are big-time moochers, our plan is to hang with the in-laws for a while so we can save up a nice, big, juicy down payment for a home of our own. Apparently it's "unreasonable" to expect to find a three bedroom home for rent in the area for around $100.00 per month.

Some things I am hoping to learn from my mother-in-law during our stay:

1. How to make that delicious raspberry freezer jam.
2. How to can peaches and tomatoes.
3. How to cook.
4. How to be less wasteful.

Some things I will most likely teach my mother-in-law:

1. Patience
2. Long-suffering

Not that she isn't already a patient, long-suffering person but living with my family will surely require an increase in these qualities (either that or my family will end up homeless).

4 comments:

  1. Oh, mae, you are so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saving up for a big down payment is a great idea! ...house prices still seem to be going down and waiting just a little while won't hurt your bottom line at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize they were home! How fun. I am a little jealous. BTW, Lola looks just like you in that tub pic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome to see Grams and Gramps home. I hope to meet them, we have heard so much about them.

    ReplyDelete