Thursday, February 19, 2009

So, I have this reoccuring dream

where I am new in school and have a Math class that I'm super-worried about but determined to do well in. I make a mental note in my dream to do all my homework and actually learn the concepts. At some point I suddenly realize that I have to be in Math class in a few minutes and I haven't even cracked my book let alone done any of my homework. The dream usually ends with me sitting in class feeling utterly frustrated and overwhelmed.

I decided to do some serious Internet research on a weird dream analysis website. This is how they analyzed my dream about school: The images of school, school work and fear of examinations are dream references to comparable processes in the school of life. The school of life forces man to participate in these learning process for as long as he lives. Boring.

I thought it was much more exciting to learn what it means if you dream about a squirrel: To dream of squirrels denotes that pleasant friends will soon visit you. Do you also have pleasant friends that remind you of squirrels?

Have you ever had a terrible nightmare about spectacles? Let's decode. To dream of spectacles foretells that strangers will change your affairs. You shall suffer from frauds committed by them. What?? I totally don't believe that because last week I had a spectacle dream and the next morning some stranger called me and informed me that I was the last remaining kin to a Persian Prince who recently died and wanted to leave me all of his fortune. I only had to pay him $500.00 to free up the money and give him my social.

Have you ever wondered what those Superman dreams you have been having mean? Usually, the dream [about Superman] is indicating extremely dangerous delusions of grandeur. It can also indicate that intelligence and rationality are being valued too highly. Knocked you off your high horse, didn't it.

And finally we can move along to my personal favorite: To dream of a street foretells that ill-lick and worries shall befall you. You will lose all your hopes of reaching your goal or aim. I only liked that one because of the typo. Ill-lick. I hope I never dream of a street because I don't want ill-lick and worries to befall me.

Do you have a reoccurring dream?

3 comments:

  1. I have dreams about going to class and it is the end of the semester and I haven't done any of my homework. It is the last class I need to graduate and there isn't anyway I can pass it.

    I also have a hatred towards squirrels. One summer at scout camp a squirrel chewed a hole in my new backpack to eat the goodies I has stashed inside. I spent the rest of that week plotting revenge on the insidious mammal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same dream as you! Except I am actually married with children and for some reason have not attended class all semester. It's like I forget every day that I'm supposed to go to school, then the end of semester comes and I am completely stressed out. Then I wonder why the heck I'm still in high school. It's confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes dream I am back in high school and can't remember my locker combination. I wake up in a panic and get so annoyed that my psyche went there.

    Josh has this recurring dream where he can jump over tall buildings. He LOVES it when he has that dream. I think that means I'm a worrier, he wants to do great things. Which we are, and do.

    ReplyDelete