Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Big-time Moochers

Quinn's parents are just about home(hooray!!!!!) from their two-year mission in Vermont. Being so generous (ha!!) Quinn and I agreed to live in and "take care of" their home while they were away. By saying the place was "taken care of" by us I mean that the lawn got mowed a few times and there was a wild frenzy of yardwork done before the first freeze in the fall. As for the house- saying we took care of it is like saying I was just "taking care of" the flip-flops when I wore them everyday last Summer. In other words, there has been a lot of livin' done in the house over the past few years and if trying to keep it clean (be nice people, I said trying) and prevent our toddler from completely destroying it counts as taking care of it, so be it but I would feel more comfortable just saying we have been "totally mooching" rather than "taking care of the house."

I guess I should also mention that Quinn and I lived in and "took care of" his parents' house (or totally mooched) during 2004-2006 while they went on a mission to Australia. So basically we have been brazenly mooching in their house for four of the past five years. Largely because of this Quinn was able to get his degree and as of May 2008, is now a bona-fide Mechanical Engineer (woohoo).

What's next on life's agenda for big-time moochers like us? I guess we need to now look for a place to live...hey, does anyone know of a senior couple in the area leaving on a mission soon and in need of a nice young family to "take care" of their place??

This picture has nothing to do with this post but it was too cute not to share.

7 comments:

  1. So so cute. I'm sure Quinn's parents have been totally thrilled to have you in their house while they were gone. So What ARE your plans when they return? (You should move to Iowa. It's just a suggestion.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a house in my neighborhood for sale or rent. You could live by the Dials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good gig if you can get it. We missed out on that having moved away when it would have been doable for us. C'est la vie.

    LOVE the pics of your darlings. They are so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to say - the word verification thingie word was "mensa." I think it's a sign. They'll be calling me tomorrow asking for my membership, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DARLING BABIES!


    I figured out the bread dilemma. It take 150 slices of white bread to equal the nutrients in just ONE slice of homemade wheat bread. Whoever owned the car just wanted a nutrient-rich lunch.

    I really didn't make up that stat!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Move to our neighborhood. There are a few homes for sale in here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We'll keep the parties on the downlow that went on their. =) The kids are adorable in that picture, just makes me want to buy them stuff looking at them. "Yes, whatever you would like. A pony? Sure, no problem."

    ReplyDelete