Wednesday, February 25, 2009

weird post about a glue gun

Yesterday I hot-glued some flowers and ribbons onto little clips for Lola's hair because I sometimes pretend that I'm a crafty person. I say pretend because whenever I try to do a craft I agonize over making asinine decisions and then end up not liking the decisions I made (in case you didn't notice I changed my blog title and background again). Some people really are crafty. They have a vision that they unflinchingly pursue and the end result is a masterpiece. Truly a beautiful thing to behold.

The flower/bow/hair-thingy project required a trip to the craft store where I wandered around like a zombie picking things up and staring at them for a really long time. Then I headed to my mom's house where I rifled through her things in order to borrow her hot-glue gun. Here she is:



Absolutely caked with dried shiny glue and bits of our crafts over the years:



Even a little piece of ribbon:




That hot-glue gun brought back some great memories of crafty adventures along with some even better memories of crafty misadventures with my mom and the other women in my life that I love. It has been privy to some moments of pure hilarity.

Oh yeah, here is a pic of the flower hair clips:

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I know that glue gun! The smell of hot glue makes me think of you and your mom and your sister, for sure. Also, the white wording on your blog is hard to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right this post will make mom laugh. That glue gun has seen better days but even better memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Rosie, is the black better?

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE hair clips! I need to make some for Hailey. And you said you only pretend to be crafty... I don't believe it. The proof's in the pudding... so they say.

    ReplyDelete