Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thank You

I remember standing on a chair in your kitchen helping you wash dishes.

I remember sitting on your kitchen floor putting cans of food in your cupboards.

I remember you putting plastic down under your sheets to protect your mattress from my inevitable pee. I also remember you letting me sleep with you in your bed anyway.

I remember going to the bank with you in your enormous Buick Wildcat.

I remember eating rum flavored lifesavers from your purse.

I remember you getting me stuck in a turnstyle at Fred Meyer.

I remember laughing with you.

I remember sitting on the couch in the living room staring out the window waiting for your car to pull up when it was my turn to spend the weekend with you.

I remember you taking me to countless movies. I bet you didn't like any of them.

I remember you brushing my hair.

I remember you cooking me eggs, toast, and bacon for breakfast.

I remember staying the night with you after Grandpa died.

I remember you kicking bulk sour patch kids under the bins at Smith's that I had spilled all over the floor. I remember dividing up 5 baggies of candy for my siblings and I to share when it was time to go back home.

I remember bringing my friends up to visit you when I was in High School. I remember you always made us laugh.

I remember an old towel protecting the coffee table from our nacho cheese doritos and salsa.

I remember your sense of humor.

I remember crying when I told you I was pregnant.

I remember visiting you nearly every Sunday with Dad.

I remember you every time I see a Dean Koontz book.

I remember you always making me feel special and loved.

I miss you Grandma.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry!! I remember how much you loved your grandma. You were such a wonderful grandaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she just pass away? I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Grandma every time figure skating is on TV.

    I remember laughing my head off when grandma told us she had gotten mad at her room mate the previous night and told her, "Shutup Marie".

    I remember it was even funnier when she admitted to making the whole thing up!!

    I remember being suprised with your lucid humor that often times went over my head.

    I remember being able to help you when you were at your lowest, and the shame I felt for not being a man about it.

    Awesome post Mae, thanks grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember it took you 77 shuffles to get from the door to the car.

    I remember the comfort you gave when I threw up all night while staying at your house.

    I remember the slow motion fall when you tripped over the garden hose.

    I remember your standing date every saturday night at nine with the Commish.

    I remember the endless teasing from dad about Billy Mceardy.

    I remember finally seeing the unconditional love you gave us our whole life.

    I miss you too!

    There must be something in the air. I was telling Andrew on saturday how much I had been missing her lateley. I am crying at my desk right now. I agree with Q what a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys sure no how to tug at the heart strings :) I remember how much love I felt the very first time I met her. And I remember how Jeff was so excited to go show her my engagement ring before he gave it to me. She was an amazing person and I am so grateful to have known her, if only for a short time. I love her!!

    ReplyDelete