Wednesday, April 13, 2011

paper towels

I have been giving them some thought.


I usually buy Kirkland brand because they're cheaper than Bounty at Costco. Perhaps you've noticed that Kirkland paper towels are perforated in huge sheets whereas the Bounty paper towels offer the "half-sheet" perforation.

My question to you is: does the Bounty roll of "half-sheet" perforated paper towels last longer than the Kirkland "full-sheet" perforated ones because you are ripping a smaller towel with each use?

My second question to you is: do you even care?

In case you do care (or are extremely bored), I have devised a little paper towel experiment. I have one roll of Kirkland paper towels left but purchased Bounty paper towels on my last Costco run. I started the Kirkland paper towels on 4/12 (I wrote it on the calendar). I'm gonna find out which is really the better deal.

I know you are all just dying with excitement about this. I will be sure to post the outcome.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I have given it a thought before. HOWEVER, I LOVE that you posted a picture of yourself "thinking" about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to know.

    Because I have no life and also ponder similar quandaries. Can't wait for the result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up on your blogs I have missed. They made my day. I love you. My bet is on Bounty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bigger question is, "Do I need to be using paper towels in the first place?" Ditch them, buy some microfiber rags and save many trees!! It is a great change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA sooooo...which one WON!?? I really am excited to know!?

    ReplyDelete