Sunday, July 12, 2009

Random Acts of Weirdness

One thing I love is hearing my broth Jeff tell mission stories (or any stories for that matter because he is hilarious).




He went to Oklahoma City, OK and he's got some doozies. One of my favorites is where he is out tracting the day after those Hail Bop Comet folks all committed suicide...remember that? You know with the shawls over their heads and stuff...weird cult thing. Anyway he is walking down the street with his companion right after this happened and someone drives by and sticks their head out the car window shouts, "go on, get that comet boys!!"

Another one I love is where he is walking down the street in the middle of summer and a car pulls over in front of them and he's thinking, "oh man, what now?" A woman's hand pokes out of the window holding 2 popsicles. I always thought to myself that I wanted to be that type of person. You know, someone who is always thinking of what they can do for others. Not even something huge just any small, simple thing.

So everytime I'm coming home from the grocery store in the summertime with popsicles in my car I'm always on the lookout for elders. The stars aligned the other day (maybe there was a comet flying by) because I saw some overheated elders riding their bikes down the street and I was in possession of strawberry creamies. I flipped my car around wildly and shouted at them to wait. I could tell by the looks on their faces that they thought I was completely nuts when I got out of my car and came jogging towards them. When I handed over the goods they seemed really grateful (I think they still thought I was a little nuts).

3 comments:

  1. that's a great idea! I've been meaning to send you an email but this will do...I can't make it to Bunco because of a class I am taking this week. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff is one of my favorite people in the whole world. Thank you for writing about that.

    ReplyDelete