Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family Camp 2010

We went camping last week...

along with all of Quinn's brothers and sisters (except for Cade who lives out of state) so there was no shortage of kids. When I say 'no shortage of kids' I mean there were fourteen kids. Some of whom are growing into adults at an alarming rate. I had to double take when I saw Weston climb behind the wheel of his father's truck and drive to the lake. Wow. It made me feel really old.

We had an awesome time.

To say the kids had fun would be a gross understatement. The kids had so much fun. The played in the dirt, rode bikes, played in the dirt, threw rocks in the river, played in the dirt, waded in the stream, played in the dirt-- did I mention that they played in the dirt??

To sum it up: they went to bed every night after 10:00 pm filthy and full of sugar.

Here is my handsome hubby setting up our tent.


Throwing rocks into the lake is very serious business.



Forrest and Hayden: BFF's


Lola and Siera patiently awaiting their turn on Siera's big wheel


Uncle Jared playing Candyland with the rowdies


Ally and Lola


Even after 3 days without a shower (I did take a bath in the freezing stream-- does that count?) and 3 nights on an air mattresss in a tent I was really sad to go home.

But not sad to use a flushing toilet, take a shower, and sleep in my bed.

5 comments:

  1. I have a love hate relationship with camping too. Love the laid back you are supposed to get dirty attitude. Hate the note being able to get clean if you want too.

    Glad you guys had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling so well! I called our camping this weekend "shower/flushing toilet appreciation week". Although, I was lucky to have a heater and fridge during my camp out :)
    Looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so quick to post a blog!! I looked at Jackie's and got yours too!! You guys look like you had a blast. Cute kids. Forrest cracks me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Joel was really excited to see pictures of Lola. We love you. Glad you had fun camping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good looking dude setting up that tent. Did he come with the tent or was he extra?

    ReplyDelete